Subject: [Leica] Friday FS: OT gear.
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Fri May 4 08:53:47 2007

My brother's Minolta XD-11 (called the XD-7 in Europe), with MD
Rokkor-X 50mm f1.4 lens and Vivitar 70~150mm f3.8 Zoom lens.

Both lenses: clear glass, no scratches and working smoothly.

Camera: shows slight signs of use, no scratches, no dents or
dings.  Complete with original box (for body) and both manuals (XD-11
for English, XD-7 for French), warranty papers, etc.

This is the camera upon which the R4  was originally based, and which
provided the chassis for all later models, through the R7. See:
http://www.rokkorfiles.com/XD11.html  Unlike the European sourced
electronics in the R4,, the XD-11's electronics have proved very reliable.

This camera has sat in my brothers closet, unused, for at least the
last 10 years, perhaps more.

I put new batteries in it (the readily available alkaline, A76 (or
S76) batteries, not mercury batteries) and have extensively tested
all functions.  Everything works as new and the meter readings match
those of my SL.

One known problem:  The leatherette on the camera back is slightly
separating from the metal (needs a wee bit of glue) at the edges.  If
I didn't tell you about it, you'd likely not see it for years. This
is a very slight problem, but the only one I can find! This camera is
very clean and in great shape!

An ideal camera for [a] a collector of Leica Rs, who would like to
add the "original" design to his collection or [b] someone who wishes
a good, beginner film-based camera.

US $100 + shipping and insurance for all.

Photos upon request.  Enquiries  off list, please.

Cheers!
---

David Young,
Logan Lake, CANADA