Subject: [Leica] re:arrrrgh
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Thu May 3 18:29:08 2007

Thank you for sharing your stories regarding dropped Leicas. I have my
own.

Dropping your Leica is one of those bad moments in life. I've had two.
The first was in Burlington, Vermont, where my Leica dropped from my
hands as I got out of a tall SUV. I stuck out my foot and cushioned its
fall. Nothing broke; nothing bent.

The second time I was not so lucky. After returning from visiting with
friends I hadn' seen in decades, I dropped my Leica the a shelf above
my head. It seemed okay. The lens was hard to focus, but manageable,
but when I sent to take the film out, I had a heck of a time. Leica
bent the camera body back into shape and repaired the lens. The lens
was still under warranty. The camera was not.

Best--Doug