Subject: [Leica] M8 Grip useful?
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sun Apr 29 10:02:55 2007

2007-04-29-11:19:48 Eric Korenman:
> Anyone enjoying the M8 grip?

Yep.  The M8 feels a little too much like a bar of soap to me -- I think
they changed the covering (Vulcanite, or whatever it is now) to
something with a less toothy pattern.  It was uncomfortable to hold, if
just because I found myself gripping it uncomfortably tightly because it
felt insecure.  With the little grip thing for my fingers to hold onto,
I can relax my grip and feel less fatigue over time.

> Worth the $190 (!) ?

Since there isn't yet an alternative, I guess so.  The Leica grip is
expensive and feels a little flimsy.  I'm waiting to see the magic out
of Abrahamsson Labs.

 -Jeff M