Subject: [Leica] Voigtlander 12
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Wed Apr 25 13:33:15 2007

Nick Roberts wrote:
> A 16mm for your EOS? What's that?

16-35 2.8L.  It is quite wide and I do not use it often, but when I need
wide sometimes it just aint enough.
> I use the 15mm Voigtlander, and I'm very fond of it - a lovely little
> lens. Totally different to the Canon 15mm fisheye, of course. I don't have
> the C/V 12mm - but I do have the Sigma 12-24mm zoom for my EOS 5. It's
> wild, but generally too wide even for me at 12mm - 15mm is much more
> usable, IMHO.

I am torn between these two...I guess it boils down to wanting that
extreme wide for some things, some interiors, like shooting in a  bus a
12 would be quite nice.  No room to back up.  I wish I could get my
hands on both to shoot a few frames an see which one I like best and get
it, but no such luck here in Nastyville.

I played with a Sigma 12-24 once and it seemed like a fun lens,but I was
using it on my 1DII, which made it like my 16 is on my 5D.  And if I am
to get a really wide like this from what I have read the CV lens is
better made than the sigma, and I do not mind shooting film for a few
frames if I have to.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography