Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAWeek 16
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Mon Apr 23 16:39:42 2007

George:

><http://www.imagist.com/paw_07>

Cool!

I found a macro "stacker" program for free...

http://www.hadleyweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CZM/combinezm.htm

Now, I don't claim the following to be any example of great photography much
less great art, but here's an example:

http://canid.com/current/pen_070422_01b.html

It assembles a series of pictures with slightly different points of focus
and tries to make a picture with larger depth of field.  Took 4 pics of the
pen.  Focusing on each letter in my name.  Even at f/32, the depth of field
is almost non-existent at this magnification.  Almost 2x lifesize.  Was
barely enough to cover each letter.  When the E was in focus, the c was
barely legible.  I angled the pen backward so that it would be harder to get
my whole name in focus.  :)  Just for reference, the E is about 1/4" tall,
and my name is 1/2" long from the left edge of the E to the right edge of
the c.

As soon as spring finds its way up here, I'm going to start playing with
flower pictures.  Right now, we have a few dandelions, but that's it.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/