Subject: [Leica] Re: Freeze
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun Apr 22 12:50:18 2007

On Apr 22, 2007, at 1:36 PM, Tina wrote:

> Yes, it is a disaster here in the Carolinas.  100% of the peach crop
> is gone.  At my farm we lost peaches, apples, figs, pears - I don't
> know if any of them will come back.

Tina,

Take heart. Periodic unusual freezes are a fact of nature up here in
the Hudson Valley. Ask your daughter about New York's recent weather.
After a week of 80 F, the temperature dropped to 20 F at night and 30
to 35 F during the day for another week, then a week of wind driven
rain with 5 to 8 inches falling in a 24 hour period. Now it is a
beautiful sunny day with temperatures in the high 70s. The brown
leaved trees will be decked out in green by the end of June. It's
nature's way.

Now excuse me while I pump out my flooded basement.

Larry Z