Subject: [Leica] Panhandle: A one-room schoolhouse in Old Tascosa
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Wed Apr 18 20:06:53 2007

2007-04-18-20:41:42 Bill Clough:
>    Here is the latest Texas Panhandle submission:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bill1941/Panhandle/Tascosa+School2-0184+1962.jpg.html

Every damn' one of your Panhandle series continues to be compelling.
Thanks again for letting us look at them.

Oh, one comment on something which sort of bugs my eye, don't know if it
bothers anyone else: when I was looking at that picture, I started
wondering if I had grease on my glasses or something, there was just an
odd softness to the edges of the schoolhouse.  Then I clicked to look at
the fullsize version -- no such problem.  But I noticed that the
fullsize version, presumably what you upload from which the main image
is made, was 700 pixels on the long edge.  That's different from, but
maybe not different *enough* from, the 640 pixels it needs to be scaled
to for the main display image -- so there are scaling artifacts and the
scaled version doesn't have the snap of the original.  If you uploaded
originals 640 pixels on the long axis, no scaling would need to be
done, and we'd see the pictures as you'd created them -- or, if you went
to, say, an even doubling at 1280 pixels, the automatic gallery scaling
would operate cleanly.

Please excuse me for presuming to tell you stuff like this, but your
pictures are great -- I'd like them to look their best.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Panhandle: A one-room schoolhouse in Old Tascosa)