Subject: [Leica] New Chicago People (G7 info) (cschweda)
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Sun Apr 15 21:14:33 2007

I read with interest your G7 evaluation. I was bitterly disappointed in
mine. The specs were so good that I comitted the cardial sin of not waiting
for the reviews. The shutter lag- is little better than that of my G3/G5.
Optically the camera isn't bad, but the lack of the f2 lens also hurts. I
have to try your suggestion of "Hyperfocal distance" at 6 feet to speed up
the process- but what ISO do you use? Do you use manual exposure also? I
have had to compromise all over the place to get the camera to perform the
way I can get decent results. Decent, however, generally isn't good enough
for me. I have actually gone back to the G5. I rather like its size better.
Still, as long as you are getting great results- I also never use the LCD
but only the viewfinder. For me, chimping belongs to the chimps. Bests:
vroger