Subject: [Leica] more M8 Noctilux questions
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Sun Apr 15 06:21:11 2007

I know the M8 and Noctilux don't always get along focus-wise.
There have been many posts and it seems the common theme is a back
focus problem.

Here is my tale.

1) My M8 and lenses (50 & 35) focus perfectly.
2) Friend loans me his M6, assorted lenses - 35, 50 and a Noctilux.
3) On my M8, the Noct (shot wide open of course) back focuses by 4-5
inches in the near and mid fields. At infinity, the M8 + Noct will
focus slightly past infinity.

4) Now here is where I get confused:

His other lenses focus perfectly on my M8 AND his M6.
My lenses seem to focus just fine on his M6 (IE, none focus past infinity)

Why does the Noct focus past infinity on my M8 and not the M6 if all
the other lenses work just fine on BOTH cameras?

a rainy day project in NE,
Eric

Replies: Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] Fwd: more M8 Noctilux questions)