Subject: [Leica] OT equipment: Xpan 30mm vs. PC Nikkor 28
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Sat Apr 14 06:19:05 2007

I have no idea what the 28 Nikkor does in terms of optical
performance, but the 30mm I had for several months, for the xPan, was
a spectacular performer. Edge performance incredible. Contrast
incredible, fine detail rendition spectacular. I often fantasized
about building the ultimate small wide camera as putting that 30 on
120 box of some sort - played with the idea of graphlock film back -
could never figure out how to incorporate a shutter. But then I
didn't spend that much time on it. ;~)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com