Subject: [Leica] IMG: Some frames from the newly acquired CL
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Apr 9 22:30:00 2007

Alastair Firkin wrote:

> In my day, we spoke "rock" basic "rock" like "hey don't hit me with that
> rock!!" (2000 year old man).

:-) we have quite a few names for it, depending on quality and other
things. The granite around where I live is not the best quality. Some
they use for cobblestones, some they crush up to gravel of various
grades, some they use for building material and sculptures. It was an
economic asset at one time. Remind me ... I'll go out to one of the
quarries and take some pictures. It has been unused for over 50 years
now, but a lot was left just they way it was and you can see how the
"harvested" the stone. The stonecutters were highly specialized.

Nice setting ... on the coast (closer to the ships).

I'm looking at negatives of granite with just
> that tonal quality: one tone!!!

Kind of begs for color, doesn't it ... or "bad och bruna brudar" :-)

(sunbathing and tanned 'girls' (literally, "brides"))

Daniel

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] IMG: Some frames from the newly acquired CL)
Message from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] IMG: Some frames from the newly acquired CL)
Message from dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] IMG: Some frames from the newly acquired CL)