Subject: [Leica] Taupier Museum postings
From: etruscello at yahoo.com (Tom Pastorello)
Date: Mon Apr 9 06:35:11 2007

   Thank you for the Philadelphia museum postings,
Len.  You demonstrate your fine available light skills
with this very demanding type of photography.  I can
use only M for very successful museum photography.
Your work demonstrates to me that the M8 takes its
place along with the M7, M6 ... as an equivalent tool.
 Yesterday, I used the M8 for family Easter
celebrations.  The in-field (no tests) results have
amazed me.  I used lenses as wide as 24mm, with and
without 486 filtering and no lens coding.  I could
detect nothing in any image that suggested a problem.
The results were indistinguishable from my comparable
shooting with M6 and color film.  The M8 provides the
Leica-look!  Tom P.
P.S. We photographed some of the same works of art at
that wonderful Philadelphia museum.  (May we forever
break its association with Rocky.)

Replies: Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Taupier Museum postings)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Taupier Museum postings)