Subject: [Leica] Nagarhole National Park
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat Apr 7 09:22:19 2007

I spent a weekend in end March at Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka,
India. This park is one of the jewels of India's conservation effort, and
has one of the highest densities of predators - tigers, leopards, wild dog
and sloth bears in the country, as well as their prey species of deer, wild
boar etc. The predators are very difficult to sight because of thick,
tropical forests. It is, however, prime viewing habitat for wild elephants
and gaur (the largest bovines in the world), of which there is no dearth in
the park - it supports an estimated 2000 elephants and 3000 gaur. This time
around, I photographed mainly elephant, and surprisingly the langur, a
monkey, as well as a few deer and birds. As you can see, it is a well
managed park, with quite a few handsome tuskers - these are the poacher's
primary target for the ivory - so the preponderance of tuskers suggests a
well policed area.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand_001/Nagrhole/

Criticism, comments etc, as usual are welcome.

Cheers

Jayanand

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Nagarhole National Park)
Reply from jeffmatsler at amaonline.com (Jeff S. Matsler) ([Leica] Nagarhole National Park)