Subject: [Leica] magenta
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri Apr 6 20:39:38 2007

Sorry if this posts twice

On 4/6/07, MARK DAVISON <davison_m@msn.com> wrote:

> (big snip)
> To simply declare a pox on those who point out the desirability of using
> IR
> blocking filters with the M8 is to give bad advice.  This is not a
> partisan
> issue--it's just physics.

Thanks Mark.  Well put.  I dove into the M8 knowing it needed a learning
curve.  That has been my experience with every photo thing I have ever
approached.  Darkroom to Photoshop, if you want to make it work good, you
learn how it works.

Any relationship is the same.

Anyhow to the crux. As you know, I have been shooting flowers for several
years and posting them every Friday.  To me, flower color is important.   I
know some of you shoot flowers B&W. and though I won't criticise that, I
can't imagine why.

So, I am not going to mono a flower shot where the color is not good.

This week, I was in my neighbor's garden, and shot with my 90mm, (no
filter)  I was appalled when I chimped!

A cold front had come through, the sky was clear, it was afternoon and I was
in the shade.  LOTS of IR, I'd guess.  Anyhow, I went back to the house and
got my 35 with the IR cut filter.

By the way, I later tried a test with the 90 with and without the filter.
The results  were the same.

Anyhow, here's the proof of the pudding.  Remember, don't have unprotected
M8 photography!  Always use a filter!

http://www.sonc.com/magenta.htm

--
Regards,