Subject: [Leica] IMG: American Avocet
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri Apr 6 20:21:08 2007

> On Apr 5, 2007, at 11:07 PM, I wrote:
>
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/recurvirostridae/amav01.html

On Apr 6, 2007, at 6:37 AM, Ted Grant wrote:
> A perfect mirrored image, amazing not a ripple! The 560mm isn?t an
> easy lens to use, but you once again make it look as simple as
> using a 50mm for many.

Thanks all for your comments.  On this morning I was struck by the
quality of the light and the flat water was a huge bonus.  Most of
the time with water birds the various things reflected in water
ripples distract attention from the bird.

This particular bird probably will not heal completely.  It appeared
to have a torn tendon, and the leg was completely useless.  As long
as the leg does not become infected it probably will survive because
he was doing quite well on one leg.  In the western states the
American Avocet is quite abundant however in the eastern USA they are
quite rare.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com