Subject: [Leica] PESO. Latest submission
From: kennybod at sbcglobal.net (Ken Frazier)
Date: Thu Apr 5 04:00:19 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 6:49 AM, Jeff S. Matsler wrote:

>  I don't know how your church's process works, but I know this
> system can be nerve-wracking

To say the least.  Mine have been wracked for several months now.
I'm on the short list for three congregations now, and got a phone
call last night for an interview on the 23rd of this month.  But, the
process has to be worked through, and that takes months.

> .  I just keep telling myself that ultimately a force larger than
> ourselves is guiding us and like Phillip's hippy friend said -
> we'll always have what we need when we need it.

So far I haven't gone hungry.  I've been doing "supply" work, but
that doesn't pay much, as you know.  I called the power company
yesterday and persuaded them not to turn off my power!

I was offered the full-time short term position this past week, at
the church I where I was doing weekly supply.  It's an ideal
situation, in terms of my plans....three month contract with full
salary and benefits, automatically renewable, with two week
termination notice clause.

> Is yours an appointment, or does your congregation hire / select
> you? Personally, I don't know which would be better/ worse

Our process is by congregational selection, and I don't know which
would be better or worse, either.

> .  Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.  I for one, will
> be waiting to hear that you have been connected with the right
> congregation in a setting that blesses both you & your family and
> the people to which you minister.
>
> Jeff M

And, good luck to you in your search, and in your plans for your
studies.  Keep me posted.

Peace,

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/kennybod/

Home Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/kennybod/