Subject: [Leica] Cameras and TV
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Wed Apr 4 14:29:17 2007

I'm sorry I missed the episode. I don't watch much TV but I
occasionally catch "House" just to take curmudgeon lessons at the
feet of the master. Then I have to spend the next day being careful
not to channel Dr House when seeing my (cancer) patients and
interacting with colleagues (except some--colleagues, never patients!).

As a physician, I advise anyone watching "House" without the benefit
of medical experience to approach it from the point of view that the
action takes place within a culture, in a country, on a planet,
perhaps even in a universe, that are not our own. Little that
happens, medically or interpersonally, has any actual parallel in the
space-time continuum we inhabit. Put in a more culturally relevant
way, "House" is the TV version of the comic book "The MedX Men:
Superheroes of Medicine". The dynamics and behavior of the characters
are literally just that comically simplistic and exaggerated.

(But God do I love how Laurie does House...maybe if one day I retire
from clinical practice and take up being a professor at a medical
school....)

--howard

Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Cameras and TV)