Subject: [Leica] Re: Puts and IR Cut filters on M8
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed Apr 4 10:33:28 2007

>You lost me on this one?  Is "Shorter" OK?
>Montie
>
>Henning wrote:
>  >"...contrast in the coarser frequencies..."

5lp resolution, rather than 20lp or such. This is in reference to the
way MTF's are measured, in that the MTF graphs represent the value of
the transfer function as it relates to spacial frequencies at
possibly 5 line pairs per mm (coarser frequencies), 10lp, 20lp and
maybe 40lp. The latter would be the 'finer frequencies'.

What I wanted to say was that the apparent 'sharpness' of the coarser
details was enhanced by the filter, and the finer details were
reduced in 'sharpness', both due to contrast changes.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design