Subject: [Leica] A good while ago
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Wed Apr 4 10:18:15 2007

I agree with many of the points George makes.  I also think digital
opens more doors for income for photographers, you are now not just the
image creator but the lab and fed-ex so you can charge for these services.

I ran into a fellow I know yesterday who shoots for a local paper, as he
was leaving I noticed him carrying something and asked "Is that a video
camera?" he said yep, its a multi media world...I answered that I was
glad to be out of news photography then. LOL

But this is just one more instance of how it is a rapidly changing world
and as part of this world we either adapt of get left behind.  I was on
the very early edge of the digital transition here and I was only half
joking about the multi-media with my friend yesterday as I work in Final
Cut almost as much as I do photoshop now.

I was watching the Florida trouncing of OSU (GO GATORS) or was it
Tennessee (GO VOLS...the "real" UT) claiming their 7th NCAA title in
womens Basketball?  Anyway I saw a shooter chimping on the sidelines
immediately after a play....my gods he was covering a national
championship game and chimping the moment play stopped????  Ted how many
times did you see great photos after the play stopped?  I know I saw
them pretty often, on the bench, or in the stands or on the court or
anywhere.  There is time enough to look at your photos once the game is
done, no need for that sitting there when you are supposed to be shooting.

Anyway, while I want an M8 I am holding off...I get my M6 back from DAG
with the new "MP" frames in it this week and that I am excited about. :)

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography