Subject: [Leica] OT: Tivoli Model One Hi-Fi radio
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Mon Apr 2 20:13:49 2007

Hi All,

Sorry it has taken me a little while to ad my two cents worth to this
thread, but I've been otherwise occupied...

I own and use regularly two Tivoli Model One radios, the Model Two
stereo version with subwoofer, one PAL (now the iPal, of course)
portable, and the iSongBook stereo portable. Of these, in my
experience, the PAL has the best AM tuner, the Models One and Two are
very good FM tuners as well. The iSongBook is reliable, a solid
product, with very good battery life (I use 6 2500 mA rechargeable
AAs), and a decent digital tuner, but the sound is not up to that of
the mono PAL, IMO.

All are at the very least good radios. The Model One is one of those
products where they got everything right, sound wise, and the tuner
is a great thing for nostalgic folks like me raised on vernier dials.

And I also have and very much like the Bose Wave II radio/CD player,
but this is a very different class and type of beastie. More
expensive, as noted, all digital interface, remote control, etc, but
a reasonable stereo for the living room and delightful when playing
classical music.

In short, I'd grab a Model One.

Will von Dauster

Message from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] OT: Tivoli Model One Hi-Fi radio)