Subject: [Leica] Was CV lens rec. now CV lens flare
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Fri Mar 30 10:47:30 2007

"H. Ball Arche" writes in part:

> Right now I'm saving to replace it the new Elmarit 28 asph., and
> would like to know how users feel about that lens. Is anyone
> shooting film with it, or are they all being mounted on M8's?

Harvey,

I just picked mine up a couple of weeks back. I only use M film cameras so
I've used it on my M6. I am quite happy with the image results I've got so
far. However, be aware that the build quality of this lens is a notch below
past Leica standards (IMHO). It is more akin to the Zeiss ZM lenses.

The Zeiss 25/2.8 is every bit the match for the Leica 28/2.8 Asph lens. It
is a little bigger though.

Greg J. Lorenzo
Calgary, Alberta