Subject: [Leica] DR 50 'cron on M8
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Mar 29 13:55:24 2007

At 2:33 PM -0400 3/29/07, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>On 3/29/07 9:56 AM, "Clive Moss" <clive.moss@gmail.com> typed:
>
>>  I have a real 12-24 - it cover the whole 35mm frame:
>>  http://www.pbase.com/chmoss/200403sigmazoom
>>  In fact I have two now - the Nikon 14-24 F4 as well. It gets to be an
>>  18-26 on the D200. It feels almost almost telephoto on some days. On
>>  other days it is fine.
>>  Clive
>>  http://www.clive.moss.net/blog/
>>

>I've often wondered what it would be like to have a real 12-24.
>Because as you say in use its really a measly 18-35. Though I'd never shot
>wider than 21 in my life.
>And Sigma came out with one..
>

>Now sigma came out last month with another one wider like the Canon a  10 -
>20 mm F4.0 - F5.6 EX DC HSM,
>a 15 - 30 mm equiv. on a 1.5 FOV crop camera
>

>Me I'm going to get a 12 or 15 CV for both my LTM and M systems.
>
>And maybe a 10.5 for my Nikon. Go out with that and my 300 ai I've been
>getting my best pictures with ever and it cost me 150 bucks last summer.

I posted this shot a while ago; it's with the 12-24 Sigma at 12 on a
Canon 5D, so it uses all the angle of view, except that a bit was
cropped off the long dimension:

http://archiphoto.com/Various/China/source/img_3145.htm

and another, but this one is more obviously with a very wide lens:

http://archiphoto.com/Various/China/source/img_3550.htm

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design