Subject: [Leica] it's a freaking piece of STRING people
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Mar 26 19:30:58 2007

I find that I can take better pictures when I actually have my camera with
me. I find that I can do it more quickly when I have the camera out and
ready. This requires a strap.

In order that my camera not break, the strap must be something in which I
have confidence. It's true that my camera's neckstrap breaking is not a
tragedy of the same magnitude as a window-washer's sling strap breaking, but
the principle is the same: if you can't trust it enough to ignore it, then
you'll pay too much attention to the strap and forget to take pictures.

String is not trustworthy. It breaks after a few weeks. So when I carried my
cameras tied on a string, I was always wondering when the hot shoe would
drop, and kept forgetting to push the shutter button.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] it's a freaking piece of STRING people)