Subject: [Leica] Apropriate thank you for a Noctilux?
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Mon Mar 26 05:02:19 2007

Eric,

Get him something that reflects his interests and tastes--probably
commensurate with the value of a used Nocti (about $2K+ these days)

Since he's probably interested in photography (because he owned a Nocti)
there's always a rare first edition of a photo book, or rare original print
of a photographer(s) he loves.

Two Ks could also buy a few plane tickets to a nice locale, hotel and dinner
at a few sensational restaurants.

Then you could always fund a $2K scholarship in his name in the visual arts
(or whatever he's really fond of supporting.)

And THEN throw in the bottle of Madeira, as you both toast your new
photographs made with the Noctilux!

Best,
Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA