Subject: [Leica] first photos
From: amr3 at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri Mar 23 09:32:13 2007

 Thu, 22 Mar 2007 jack <jmaddox01@suddenlink.net> offered:

>cemetery at dawn:
>
><http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/smilingjack/Jack+Maddox/spring+hill+cemetery+a
>t+dawn.html>

I think this is very nice, but with one caveat.  I think it would have been
improved by moving the camera position more to the left.  This would bring
the tall monuments into the lighter area, and keep the tree branches from
touching the obelisk.  Mergers like this bother me.  You have to remember
the picture will be two dimensional, and view a scene as if the tones are
all on the same plane.  The haze in the distant vegetation helps in the
separation of objects.

I hope you don't find my comments too critical or discouraging.  Thanks for
showing.

Alan

Alan Magayne-Roshak
Senior Photographer