Subject: [Leica] Advice on 280mm Telyt
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu Mar 22 17:26:28 2007

At 09:10 PM 3/22/2007, Leonard Taupier wrote:
 >I'd like to get a medium telephoto for my birding excursions. I'm
 >currently using a 560mm f6.8 Telyt and 200mm f4 Telyt(viso mount) on
 >a Canon 20D. I've been looking at something in the 280mm range. I'd
 >love to have a 280/f4 R Telyt but they cost a bit more then a new M8.
 >
 >I see the 280/f4.8 lenses with Viso mount at a reasonable price. Does
 >anyone have any experience or information if this is a reasonably
 >good lens? I'd like to stick with Leica as I could also use it on my
 >M8 and M film cameras or if R mount on the Canon or my R8.

Len

There are several versions of the 4.8/280 Telyt
but all are really fine lenses.  A more powerful
option in a lens even better optically would be a
4/300 Pan-Tele-Kilar with a WEVI mount for the
Visoflex.  THIS is one impressive lens, and it weighs less than the Telyt.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!