Subject: [Leica] Lost X-sync terminal cap of my M6
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Mar 20 16:09:39 2007

On 3/20/07 5:03 PM, "Jim Shulman" <jshul@comcast.net> typed:

> My suggestion: if this is a user camera, just forget it.  My terminals have
> been exposed to the elements, which have included water, fire, bile, and an
> occasional dripping souvlaki.  They keep working fine.  About every six
> months or so I go over them with a Q-tip soaked in rubbing alcohol.
>
> If you're really that concerned about originality, you might want to set up
> a small cap fund.  Get the cap, stick it in your parts drawer, and replace
> the cap when it's time to sell the camera.
>
> Jim Shulman
> Bryn Mawr, PA
> Who never wore a cap but occasionally a gown.

Cameras with their terminal caps inadvertently left on the backs of their
cameras have been known in the baggage cargo areas of airplanes to
spontaneously implode.
The only safe thing to do is to dispose of them upon the sale of the camera
and don't even bring it out of the camera store.
Might fall into the wrong hands.
Ever stop on one barefoot? Keeps those foot doctors in business otherwise
they'll all go broke.

Seriously if they came out in different colors I'd buy them all.
Mix and match.
I do love my softies they'd have to go well with my Softies on my shutter
relase. And I have them all. And love having a choice. Because its always
what you don't think.

Real men don't use terminal caps. I'm tempted to dogmatically state.
Prevents Quiche from getting into the back of your camera - but why deny it?

I use my cameras with studio strobes and the very first time that happens
there goes the little tiny teensy beetsey cap which I now know what its
called.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY