Subject: [Leica] IMG: David Plowden, Teaching
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Mason)
Date: Tue Mar 20 16:09:14 2007

I got back from two and a half months in Cape Town
just in time to get a phone call from my friend and
colleague David Sapir.

He wanted to invite me to drop by his photo
documentary class on Monday evening.  David Plowden...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Mason/PlowdenTeachingUVA/Plowden01.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/27r2jb

...he said, was in town for the Virginia Festival of
the Book and accepted his invitation to work with the
class.  (Sapir and Plowden have been friends since
high school.)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Mason/PlowdenTeachingUVA/PlowdenStudents05.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/2y67wk

Plowden is a marvelous photographer.  It turns out
he's a terrific teacher as well.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Mason/PlowdenTeachingUVA/PlowdenStudents03.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/2eyxa9

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Mason/PlowdenTeachingUVA/PlowdenStudents07.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/2emtfz

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Mason/PlowdenTeachingUVA/PlowdenStudents06.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/yrxs57

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Mason/PlowdenTeachingUVA/PlowdenStudents02.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/ys64uv

Those of you in and about central Virginia might want
to know that Plowden will be featured at two Festival
events.

He'll show recent work and talk about it on Wednesday,
at 2:00 pm, at the Gravity Lounge, on
Charlottesville's downtown mall.

On Thursday at 2:00, he'll teach a masterclass at the
Satellite Ballroom, on University Avenue, across from
the University of Virginia.  I'll be one of the
participants.  If you're around, come on by.

--John

PS  Totally OT P&S digicam equipment.

J Mason
Charlottesville, Virginia

DEMOCRACY OF SPEED, a Photo Documentary Project:
http://www.virginia.edu/history/DocSpeed/

Never miss an email again!

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] IMG: David Plowden, Teaching)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: David Plowden, Teaching)