Subject: [Leica] New Tripod
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Mar 17 22:08:37 2007

On 3/17/07 8:44 PM, "Jeff" <jeffmatsler@amaonline.com> typed:

> Yes.
>
> I have a hard time believing that I can't get stability for my M cameras
> without the heftiness required for a MF / DSLR with monster lenses.
>
> Haven't thought about Kryptonite legs - I'll have to look into that.
>
> Jeff M

Average American male is 5'10" which means you need to keep a camera secure
which is 5'2" high. 62 inches if that's you. That's like the top of the
Eiffel tower compared to how hard it is to keep something secure and or
steady 32" off the ground.

Waste level is easy. Even if the camera is a little heavier. That extra
weight at that height could work for it not against it.
Not so at 63 inches.
32 inches vs. 62 inches. I think its a logarithmic thing is 4 times harder.

62 inches is a long way off the ground to try to keep something from
wiggling all over the place. Why just a little breeze..... You just LOOK at
it funny and you've got vibration.

Think vertical weather.
What happens on the way down. All the changes.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com