Subject: [Leica] Lightzone
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat Mar 17 00:38:17 2007

LightZone is evidently a competitor to Lightroom and Aperture,
proabably at varying degrees.

http://www.lightcrafts.com/products/lightzone/

I was going to order Lightroom and ran across this. They are giving it
away free for Linux.

http://sonic.net/~rat/lightcrafts/

It works with all RAW formats I have (from Nikon NEF to Pentax PEF).
It works with zones rather than curves. Takes a bit of getting used to
and it is definitely worth your while to briefly read through a
tutorial (doesn't take much time).

Tip: Resizing is done when you export your work (a picture). You
choose "Advanced options" and resizing is one of them.

It is easy to install. It comes as a tar archive and you unpack it
anywhere. You don't need to be superuser or anything.

Daniel