Subject: [Leica] Have any of you had this happen with the M8?
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri Mar 16 17:30:24 2007

On Mar 16, 2007, at 6:23 PM, Jeffery Smith wrote:

> Oh Lord. How long does it take the M8 to format a 4gb card? My
> dSLRs can do
> it in about 4 seconds, but I gave up on the M8 after 20-30 minutes.

I'm sorry you are having difficulty Jeffery....I had this occur once
with a 4 gb SDHC card I was trying,  clearly not compatible...

but...

otherwise, I have had no problems with many cards including 4gb
cards... formatting inclg erasing and reformat in 10-15 secs,  even
for the 4gb cards...

I tend to use what is on leica's list though clearly a number of
others work fine...

Steve