Subject: [Leica] FS: M6-modified 40mm/1.4 Nokton S.C.
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Fri Mar 16 06:06:29 2007

I'm thinning out my gear to make funds for a b&w printer.

For sale is a CV Nokton 40mm f1.4 lens, single-coated version, with matching
LH-5 hood, original caps and box (upper part of foam missing). The M-mount
is modified to bring up the 35mm framelines of a M6. As the 35mm framelines
are quite conervatively inside the 35mm filed of view, the 40mm field of
view fills it almost perfectly. Framing seemed much more precise to me on
the M6 than with a 35mm lens.

The lens has have a lot of use in the 2? years I owned it thus there are
some tiny usage marks on hood and barrel. The glass is clean, aperture and
focus rings go smoothly (focus was quite stiff in the beginning). The front
part of the lens has a very, very small rotating tolerance, not an uncommon
issue with that lens. It does not affect picture quality. I mention it even
if many would never notice it.

I sell it because it has had less use since I bought the R-D1, where the
crop factor made a 60mm out of it. But on a film rangefinder it combines
sharpness, speed and compactness perfectly.

Asking $325 (OBO) including hood; plus actual shipping costs. (New price was
$399+$45).

Didier

Pictures:
http://mogool.com/transfer/nokton_1.jpg