Subject: [Leica] why users love it
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Mar 13 20:34:32 2007

On 3/14/07 12:01 AM, "Mark Rabiner" <mark@rabinergroup.com> typed:

> On 3/13/07 10:21 PM, "Jayanand Govindaraj" <jayanand@gmail.com> typed:
>
>> Gene,
>> The 18-70 kit lens that I got with my D70 is light, and a superb
>> performer.
>> Cheers
>> Jayanand
>>

> I like that and my even more compact
> AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70 mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED and not the super zooms.
> A cheap super zoom to me is asking for trouble.
> Besides I think things very compact. Not the opposite.
> Ken Rockwell thinks its much better than the monster 2.8 with the great
> build. Which came out too many years ago before they realized if its a
> APS-C
> digital lens it should be at least a little bit smaller than one made for
> the 24x36 format
> http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/1870.htm
>
> Mark Rabiner
> 8A/109s
> New York, NY
>
> markrabiner.com

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/1855.htm
This is the 18-55

The above URL from the last post was the 18-70.

The newer more conservative 18-55 has half the elements and weight and bulk
than the 18-70 which I had but left on a shelf in Brooklyn.
The 18-70 too a lot of correcting at 18 in Photoshop it bowed out I forgot
what they call it. Barn dooring.
But the more conservative and cheaper 18-55 only needs 1 percent if that.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com