Subject: [Leica] 6 bit coding for m8 lenses; Sharpie?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Mar 13 17:27:44 2007

At 6:22 PM -0400 3/13/07, Tina Manley wrote:
>At 06:05 PM 3/13/2007, you wrote:
>>Answers, please and thank you. "KISS!" don't forget I'm a
>>photojournalist! Not a techie person. Therefore please keep your
>>answers very simple. Thanks again.
>>
>>ted
>
>Ted,   I sent my Noctilux off to be coded because my M8 was going to
>Germany on vacation anyway and I asked them to check the focus on
>the M8 with the Noctilux and then code the Noctilux.  As far as I
>know, it won't make any difference except when you view the photos
>in Photoshop, or any other photo editing software, you will know
>what lens was used at what aperture.  I know a lot of people think
>that is vital information but, normally, I couldn't care less;
>however, in these days of digital files everybody wants to know what
>lens you used on what camera at what exposures!  That's no
>exaggeration.  Several of my stock agencies require this
>information.  As far as I'm concerned, they could just look at the
>photo and determine if it meets their criteria but since they are
>using photo editors who have exact parameters to meet and have never
>looked at a whole photo and thought about its impact, that's what we
>have to live with!!
>
>Tina

Tina, the coding won't help with respect to aperture info. Only which
lens was used.

I'll get my 28mm and lower coded; possibly my 35 if I think I can be
without it for a while. The cyan corners are _just_ noticeable at
times.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  |[ ]|     http://www.archiphoto.com

Message from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] 6 bit coding for m8 lenses; Sharpie?)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] 6 bit coding for m8 lenses; Sharpie?)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] 6 bit coding for m8 lenses; Sharpie?)