Subject: [Leica] [img] gun portrait
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Mon Mar 12 09:46:48 2007

Interesting shot by itself, Kyle, but the "drama" seems a bit staged,
especially the darkroom manipulation. Mostly though, it doesn't fit
the style of your excellent environmental portraits I've enjoyed so
much. To fit your series, maybe if there were a picnic basket and
checkered table cloth in the background, along with a bright-eyed terrier .
. .

You have captured a "friendly menace" in most of your gun portraits
that makes me want to be on their side . . . or they on mine. You've
probably encountered dozens of different reactions to that series.
Along with the fine captures, I think that is probably what makes the
portfolio so unique.

Gary Todoroff