Subject: [Leica] why users love it
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Mar 9 17:09:51 2007

On 3/9/07 7:48 PM, "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith342@cox.net> typed:

> Do you mix your own from stock chemicals?
>
> Jeffery Smith
> New Orleans, LA
> http://www.400tx.com
> http://400tx.blogspot.com/

You can buy a cheap scale and get the chemicals real easy.
Then its much more fun.

Why get Betty Crocker Dektol with powered eggs and bleached flower when you
can put real Photographers Formulary Eggs in it from Missoula Montana and
organic full wheat flour?
The chickens are corn fed there. And that's no Yoke.

Or just modify formulas slightly for your own convenience. And see the
sparkling difference.
Photography can be very instant. Just a click.
Its much more fun when you make as much of it your own as you can with a
tweak here and a tweak there. The M setting.
That way you can say "its MY picture". M stands for "my".

Making your own paper for instance.
NO WAY am I going to get involved with that. Sounds like a pain.

Just email me privately and I'll give you some pointers so you'll know from
what to tweak. What certain things do in the "formula".

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com