Subject: [Leica] 25mm f/1.4 "normal" 4/3's lens hits
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Mar 8 15:39:41 2007

Understood, Mark. I wasn't commenting on whether the four thirds cameras
deliver enough quality for the commercial/magazine
applications that you mentioned. I've no personal experience with the format
at all.
Only trying to say that packaging that physically smaller sensor in a
compact body with compact lenses seems like a great idea to
me. I note from Didier that Olympus have just announced an E-410 for the
world markets. I hope that they sell a gazillion of them
and influence DSLR designs the way the OM series fundamentally changed 35mm
SLR design philosophy when first released.
We might be confident that the sensors in DSLRs five years from now will be
streets ahead of current technology.

Cheers
Hoppy