Subject: [Leica] New Leica Lens
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Mar 7 21:32:29 2007

On 3/8/07 12:18 AM, "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net> typed:

> Fascinating that for the 4/3 format. Leica can ( or did I not read that
> right,
> and it should say.. Panasonic can) and does offer a
> $1500 lens that is a 25mm f1.4 ASPH.  10 elements.... nice technology, and
> cheap!
>
> I went to Samys yesterday, and wanted to look at the Oly 500..... but the
> guys
> there were more interested in my buddy, who was
> picking himself a Nikon D2x
>
> Next time I will leave him home.....
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net

They probably had that D2x sitting there for a long time.
The D200's are awesome image making tools. I'm back to using mine again
after a few months shooting film.
Why someone would want a D2x for several times the money is beyond me and
I'm sure beyond a lot of people.
A real curiosity. Some one buying one. Someone using one.
They look kind of sexy. I'm sure they're very nice. For people who kind
think of ways to get rid off tons of excess money.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com