Subject: [Leica] Supersize me
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed Mar 7 10:35:36 2007

At 10:34 AM -0700 3/7/07, Phil Swango wrote:
>That In-N-Out 6-pack made me think of this:
>
>http://www.bigtexan.com/72ozlive.htm
>
>I was in the Big Texan once when a guy actually finished that 72 oz. steak.
>They rang a cowbell and everyone applauded and the steak was free.
>
>--
>Phil Swango
>307 Aliso Dr SE
>Albuquerque, NM 87108
>505-262-4085

interesting reading about a couple of people who finished TWO of
these things in an hour, and that someone finished this meal in 9 1/2
minutes.

There was (is?) a place in Edmonton, Alberta called 'The Steak Loft'
which had fantastic steaks, and had the same kind of promotion in the
1950's and 60's when I lived there. I knew a couple of people who
finished one of these slabs and got a free meal. In the 60's I could
probably have done it as well when I was doing lots of sports, but
the thought of stuffing myself to that extent never had that much
appeal. And of course, if I didn't finish it I really couldn't have
afforded it. Might have taken a bite out of my film budget, which was
stretched thin in any case.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design