Subject: [Leica] Mamiya 7 II for travel - spend my money (carefully)
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Mar 7 08:25:30 2007

Eric Korenman <faneuil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Monopod suggestions also welcome - needs to be lightweight and quickly
> attachable/detachable.

the quickly attachable/detachable part is solved with QR plates and clamps.
I'm using Arca-style QRs (YMMV); I've added a tilt head to the monopod
(Bogen 3232, under 15 bucks at B&H) which gives me all the movements I need
and no more.

The lenses I'm using with the monopod have rotating tripod collars or at
least some means of switching to vertical format independant of the monopod
and its head so if you need to tilt the camera up/down independant of the
monopod as well as tilting sideways for vertical format, the 3232 might not
be the best head for your monopod.

My monopod is a Bogen 3218 which I chose partly because of its price ($25
used from a friend) and more importantly because it's tall enough, strong
enough and the locks for the leg sections don't require two hands to
operate.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com