Subject: [Leica] Re: Supersize me
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Wed Mar 7 07:18:46 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 7 March, 2007 3:44:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Supersize me

> Curiously the big Tesco's supermarket where I used to shop in Wales
> was laid out in exactly the opposite manner. The Brits shop in
> reverse as well as drive on the wrong side of the road.
>
> Regrettably wine is not sold in supermarkets in New York State.
> Certainly not California wine. Not even New York State wine.
>
> Larry Z

And unlike anyplace I've been to and I just toured the country the in door
is the one on the left not right here in New York State.

Is that because the Amsterdam people all wore their swords on the left
unlike the English who started you'd think New England of which New York is
not a part?

In other words not looking for a New England;
Come to New York.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com

No, the opposite, actually. The in door of every British supermarket I can
think of is on the left, same as the way we drive - which is of course how
everybody used to ride/drive - precisely because we all wore our swords on
the left and held them with the right hand - before Napoleon enforced the
opposite way on Europe, and I guess the US adopted the same thing just to
thumb its nose at the former colonial power... but I digress.
With the entrance on the left, the first aisles are fresh fruit and veg,
then meat and fish; the bakery is generally at the back, and alcohol either
at the back or at the far right, at the end of the circuit. So I guess we
shop in the same sequence, just starting at a more logical point for those
of us used to working and thinking from left to right.

The Supermarkets have just introduced new "traffic light" labelling to warn
of unhealthy foods - this is an attempt to steal a march on
Government-proposed labelling that they didn't like the sound of. Whatever,
any labelling will only have an effect if people take any notice of it...

Nick

Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with
All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html