Subject: [Leica] collapsible lenses
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue Mar 6 18:46:32 2007

I really love those little Elmars and the Russian copies, but as we all know
they aren't safe to use on some camera bodies if collapsed.  My inelegant
solution is to put a rubber band around the barrel and slip it as far
forward is it will go.  Then when you collapse the lens it won't travel the
last few (dangerous) millimeters but will still collapse enough to go in
your pocket.  If you can't find a rubber band small enough you can loop a
larger one 2-3 times and get the same efffect.  This works just like
electrician's tape but is barely visible and allows a bit more collapsing.
You usually only need 4-5 mm of protection.  But be sure to check before you
try.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE