Subject: [Leica] LHSA meeting -- now Las Vegas
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon Mar 5 21:43:51 2007

On Mar 5, 2007, at 9:18 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> This post reminds me of the fact that during the 14 years of living
> in the US, during which time we had several black friends and co-
> workers, I never, not once, heard any of them referring to
> themselves as "African-American". That PC expression is heard on
> TV, in speeches and the like, but I have never met an ordinary
> person who used it.

Likewise I had a client who really didn't care what label others
wanted to give him.  In California people called him a Native
American, in Oklahoma people called him an Indian, I called him
George.  He boarded his horse with us, his regular job was a
stockbroker.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com