Subject: [Leica] Where is Dr. Blacktape when you need him?
From: leica at dmason.net (Dave Mason)
Date: Sat Mar 3 07:37:48 2007

"Robert Beaudoin" <bussbearm@aei.ca> writes:

>   About this rapidwinder's trigger that seems to be seen as a
>   potential weapon of mass destruction (!?!), how about simply
>   cutting a piece of black duct tape the size of the rapidwinder's
>   bottom?  Stick it on. Voila!  Those dimwits will never figure it
>   out, they'll all think it is part of the body covering.

I don't think that the rapidwinder being pointy is the issue. The
thing is a trigger. It looks like a trigger, acts like a trigger, IS a
trigger. Do you think that a bit of tape around a gun would get you
past security? Maybe just some tape around the trigger would let them
know you don't intend to use the gun as a weapon?

Perhaps the ignorant and half-asleep TSA folks wont notice, but the
others won't be very pleased to see it and truly don't have time to
listen to you explain how that trigger is a device for your
camera. They don't care.

Dave

Replies: Reply from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] Where is Dr. Blacktape when you need him?)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Where is Dr. Blacktape when you need him?)