Subject: [Leica] Portfolio 8 DNG Issue
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Wed Feb 28 09:41:18 2007

FYI:  I just got off the phone with Extensis tech support.  After
upgrading to Portfolio 8 from 7 on my Intel MacBook Pro, Portfolio no
longer generates thumbnails or previews from Pentax K10D DNG files or
Leica M8 DNG files.  This is true even after installing Apple's
Digital Camera RAW Univ200691 update.  Apple's Preview will not open
the files either.

The tech support guy at Extensis saw this same Portfolio 8 behavior
on his Intel PC and a PowerPC Mac.  Portfolio 7 generated rough but
useable thumbnails from these same DNG files on my machine.

Since I want to stay with 8, I'm back to shooting small JPGs with my
DNG files so Portfolio will let me see the images.

Extensis said they would pursue this problem and get back to me later
today.  I'll let you know what they say.  If any of you have a
workaround for this issue I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick