Subject: [Leica] sweet barking cheese!
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun Feb 25 12:33:26 2007

At 03:25 PM 2/25/2007, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
 >Kyle und Marc Small,
 >
 >I received my ham ticket in 1945, but only because I needed one to
 >operate a transmitter for
 >a radio controlled model airplane.  Model planes were large in those
 >days, requiring a .60
 >cubic inch engine (Ohlson 60)
 >
 >Which reminds me, do people collect the old model airplane engines?  I
 >still have, squirrelled
 >away a few,  Atom .097, Bantam 19, Forster 29, Bunch Tiger Aero 35 and
 >an OK Twin.  They
 >are all ignition type

My local pet store, oddly, also repairs such
engines -- they are a hobby of the owner.  I'll
ask him about collectability this week -- I'm
going over to negotiate for the purchase of
another Sulcata tortoise.  (After that, I get to
go to Loew's to pick up the lumber to build a
cage for the guy until Spring hits and we can put him outside.)

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark) ([Leica] sweet barking cheese!)