Subject: [Leica] IMG - Friday with the Family
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Sun Feb 25 11:51:00 2007

On 2/25/07 11:43 AM, "Robert D. Baron" <rbaron@concentric.net> wrote:

> Wade Heninger wrote:
>
>> A few family shots from the weekend- meals out, church parties, goofin'
>> around.
>>
>> http://heninger.org/gallery/familyweekend
>
> and then Philippe Orlent wrote:
>
>> Perfect ads for the M8. One after the other.
>> How did you translate your film signature into digital? Is it an
>> action you wrote? A fixed curve?
>> Your work is always so very consistent.
>
> I agree with Philippe and would also like the answer to his question.
>
> Further, I'd like to know how you are organizing, indexing and/or
> cataloging these shots so you and your family can access them in the
> years and decades to come.
>
> And, are you making prints to go in the album or shoe box?

Topical questions.

In terms of "signature" I'm just adjusting them in LR to what I like.  That
generally tends to look a bit more like TriX in Acufine (slightly more
contrasty, slightly grainy.  No script, just adjusting in LR.

And in terms of organizing them.  I'm doing all my work in LR (in case
you've been under a rock).  As the DNG contains all the editing data, and LR
works from a folder in the file system, I back them up.

I'm also doing photobooks periodically to hold the images - that will serve
as to the album/shoe box and the digital data is backed-up.

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
u s e r  e x p e r i e n c e
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c

Replies: Reply from rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron) ([Leica] IMG - Friday with the Family)