Subject: [Leica] Re:now the the bottom's fallen out of the film marketwhattoys will you buy?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Feb 24 21:26:59 2007

On 2/24/07 11:49 PM, "Jeff S. Matsler" <jeffmatsler@amaonline.com> typed:

> Wedding photographers for the upper-middle class doing the same type thing
> out in CA.  My three cousins from the Seal beach area all had film / digi
> wedding packages where they got contact sheets, a copy of the digital
> images
> on CD and all the negatives.  I got the impression they paid a ton for the
> package too.  All the work was professional, and stock poses.  Nothing
> really original, but all done very well.
>
> Jeff M
> Amarillo, Tx

Wedding photographers have a rep among commercial photographers which they
don't completely deserve.
But this the above is an example why they do deserve it.

We have some good ones here on the LUG.

I really hate having this mentioned in the same breath as commercial
photography and photojournalists who work with integrity. And give
photography a good name. I've shot weddings for people who just didn't want
a wedding photographer anywhere near their family and I could sympathize
with that. They will ruin weddings. Stop brides as they go down the aisle.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY

markrabiner.com