Subject: [Leica] Epson 3800 pro
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Feb 22 16:25:23 2007

I think I have discovered that getting an Epson in the pro version is fairly
doable and I've gotten to that point of no return. I think I can pick one up
in town tomorrow and probably in more than one place.

But the non pro versions you need to be connected, lucky, or more persistent
than I am.
So tomorrow I will become an Epson.
Pro that is.
Texas tea.

Today I  got enabled like all getout!!!
Got my Lightroom in a box. ... Today in the mail.
I'm putting on my wrap-around shades before I open the box.
Put white zinc paste on my the full bridge of my nose.

At Calumet just now I just got a Sb-800 flash.
I can now light up the inside of most Mammoth Cave tourist traps.
And do catalogs of models wearing very dark clothing hiding in the recesses.
Ducking under stalagmites and tripping over stalactites in their tights.
Ouch.
I was half all set to get the new cute little flash which bounces but opted
for the big boy version at the end. And there's one in the middle.
Again I got wallet draining but super enabling "pro" version.

I think I could shoot a picture of the new moon and it would look full with
this puppy. Like slightly melted blue cheese.

So I'm shelling out an additional 200 bucks to get this rip any chance it
might be partly worth it??

Having been upgrading my Illustrator every year decade after decade often
with out even using once the whole year I'm determined to have my next show
or portfolio be vector driven.
Mathematical formula instead of pass? pixels.
Which get mushy when you blow them up. Or reduce them.

How many vectors can you put on the head of a pin??

I guess you'd only need one.
Or as many as you'd like.
There must be some room somewhere for a vector driven photographer.

I used to always swear by my Postscript laser printers in the 80's.
I'd convert pixels to vectors with that adobe software with the sailing ship
on the outside of it.

How have I gotten by these past years without Postscript?
When people sent me mail they used a typewriter. Sorry.

Inquiring Computer non-geniuses want to know?.

I guess when I print up a new batch of business cards they can be extra
groovy somehow. That should be this week.
I'm a new man in town without a card.

A fast gun for hire meets the calling wind.
A soldier of fortune is the man called
Paladin.
Paladin Paladin where do you roam?

http://english2.mnsu.edu/larsson/gr%20images/paladin.jpg