Subject: [Leica] IMG: Stand of Tulips with M8 & 35 Sumicron ASPH
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Feb 19 11:22:23 2007

I have a favorite bit of garden down the street from me about a mile.
The owners of this corner do wonderful things over the course of the
year some of which I've posted here in the past.

Saturday I had the M8 and my camera bag so I stopped on the way back
from the grocery store and worked the site.

This one is with a 35mm sumicron, shot wide open. I had this
impressionistic idea when I sat down, maybe it's that image of poppy
fields. I also tried a Noctilux but to shoot wide open I'd have had to
use a neutral density filter and I don't have one to fit the Noct -
although now I'm going to invest in one! I also shot with a 90mm which
gave informative results but nothing I wanted to post. Learning to use
these will be fun.

I bought this lens from a forum member who didn't like the bokah but I
think it works here...

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/L1000671-Edit.jpg>

Processed in the new Lightroom 1.0 and PS3 (although I'm deleting that
one from my desktop system because it REALLY screws things up and for
some reason Lightroom won't let me open any other helper application
for image editing than PS3...shame on that puppy! I'll write a bug
report to Adobe...yada yada yada).

Anyway - your thoughts would be appreciated.

Adam

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] IMG: Stand of Tulips with M8 & 35 Sumicron ASPH)
Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Stand of Tulips with M8 & 35 Sumicron ASPH)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] IMG: Stand of Tulips with M8 & 35 Sumicron ASPH)